Publication date: 11 May 2022
During its activities, the Messenger collects the User's Personal Data.
In the course of carrying out its activities, Cryptico may use your Personal Data in various ways, including when providing the Services. That is why we have developed this document so that each User has the opportunity to familiarize himself with how his Personal Data is used or to decide whether to refuse such use.
References to the words "we," "our," or "us" (or similar words in meaning) mean the Messenger Cryptico.
We thank you for using the Services of our Cryptico.
- 1.1. Account - is a software part in which the User places Personal Data, files, and confidential information and performs anonymous communication with another User.
- 1.2. Messenger Cryptico (hereinafter referred to as “Messenger” or “Cryptico”) - is software designed for the anonymous exchange of messages, and content between Users.
- 1.3. Cryptico Site (hereinafter “Site”) - means a web page or group of web pages on the Internet, which are located at: https://cryptico.chat/
- 1.4. Cryptico Application (hereinafter referred to as “Application”) - is a type of software through which Users communicate anonymously and/or share content.
- 1.5. Controller - means any natural or legal person, government agency, institution, or other body that independently determines the purposes and means of personal data processing.
- 1.6. Cookies - are a piece of information in the form of text or binary data transmitted to the browser from the site.
- 1.7. Personal Data - means any information that directly or indirectly allows identifying the User. For example, name, surname, phone number, IP address.
- 1.8. Processor - is a natural or legal person, government agency, institution, or other body that processes Personal Data on behalf of and behalf of the Controller.
- 1.9. Services - an algorithm of actions that the Messenger provides the User in the field of anonymous messaging and file exchange.
- 1.10. Third Party - means a natural or legal person, government agency, institution, or body other than the User, Controller, Processor, and persons authorized by the Controller or Processor under their direct supervision to process Personal Data.
- 1.11. User - an individual who registers on the Site, communicates with another User through the Application and/or web version of the Messenger, and receives the Services.
- 1.12. User Consent (hereinafter referred to as "Consent") - means a voluntary, specific, informed, and unambiguous expression of will in which the User, using a statement or a clear positive action, agrees to the processing of his Personal Data.
2. GENERAL PROVISION
- 2.1. The Messenger processes and stores Personal Data based on the principles of legality, fairness and transparency by Article 5 "Principles relating to processing of personal data" of the GDPR.
- 2.2. In the case of processing Personal Data of US residents (including residents of the State of California, USA), the Messenger is guided by the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018
- 2.3. In the case of processing personal data of residents of Ukraine, the Messenger is guided by the Law On Protection of Personal Data
- 2.4. The Cryptico acts as a Processor of Personal Data that it receives as a result of providing Services to the User.
- 2.5. The Cryptico is not responsible for the processing of Personal Data by third parties that are not controlled or owned by Cryptico.
3. PERSONAL DATA
- 3.1. The Messenger does not process Personal Data directly during the provision of the Services. For registration/identification of the User, a ID token is used, which is generated by the Messenger.
- 3.2. Cryptico does not store any Personal Data or confidential information or any other files or audio call recordings.
- 3.3. The Messenger has the right to process data generated by Cryptico:
- 3.3.1. Keywords that the User indicated during registration;
- 3.3.2. Nickname;
- 3.3.3. ID token generated by the Messenger for registration/identification of the User.
- 3.4. Cryptico does not collect or process sensitive Personal Data of Users, such as race or ethnic origin, political views, religious or philosophical beliefs, union membership, genetic or biometric data, health information, sexual life, or sexual orientation.
- 3.5. When you visit the Site/Application or receive the Services, Cryptico may collect the following Personal Data automatically:
- 3.5.1. IP address;
- 3.5.2. time zone and language settings;
- 3.5.3. browser type and version;
- 3.5.4. operating system, device type and screen extension;
- 3.5.5. location country;
- 3.5.6. information about your visit to the Site or Application, including complete details on the URL, route to and from the Site (including date and time), page response time, data loading errors, length of stay on certain pages, activity on the page (such information such as scrolling and mouse movements, clicks), methods used to exit the page, and phone numbers for contacting the service center.
- 3.6. The Messenger does not collect Personal Data for any purpose, including the data necessary to pay for the Services, with the exception of the data generated by the Messenger, in accordance with the conditions of clause 3.3.
- 3.7. Cryptico Messenger does not transfer Personal Data to Third Parties for any purpose, including to pay for the Services provided, except to enforce court decisions or to comply with any legal obligations.
4. PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION
- 4.1. The Messenger uses all necessary security measures and protection of Personal Data and confidential information during an anonymous exchange between Users.
- 4.2. Cryptico protects and stores Personal Data from:
- 4.2.1. losses;
- 4.2.2. illegal use, transfer, disclosure, modification, deletion and/or destruction.
- 4.3. During the exchange of Personal Data and confidential information by Users, the Messenger ensures security in accordance with Article 32 of the GDPR “Security of processing”:
- 4.3.1. pseudonymization and encryption of Personal Data;
- 4.3.2. ability to ensure constant confidentiality, integrity, availability and fault tolerance of Personal Data processing systems;
- 4.3.3. regular testing, evaluation and measurement of the effectiveness of technical and organizational measures to ensure the security of processing Personal Data.
- 4.4. The Messenger server that provides the Services to the Users is located in the Federal Republic of Germany.
5. BASIS FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL DATA
- 5.1. The Messenger does not process Personal Data, since Personal Data is in private access.
- 5.2. The basis for the provision of the Services by the Messenger is the provision of Consent by the User.
- 5.3. The User has the right to revoke his Consent at any time by sending a request to the Messenger e-mail:[email protected].
- 5.4. Cryptico undertakes to stop providing the Services to the User within 10 (ten) business days from the date of receipt of the withdrawal of the Consent.
6. JURISDICTION OF THE EUROPEAN UNION AND THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC ZONE
- 6.1. The terms of this section apply to residents of the European Union and the European Economic Area. By the terms of this clause, the User has the following rights:
- 6.1.1. Right of access. Messenger does not process Personal Data because it is encrypted, ie the User may send a request and receive a response from the Messenger that his Personal Data is encrypted and not processed by the Messenger in accordance with Article 15 of the General Data Protection Regulations
- 6.1.2. Right to erase. The User has the right to delete Personal Data about himself, in accordance with Article 17 of the General Data Protection Regulations. Personal data in this case will be permanently deleted by deleting the User's chat and all messages in it.
- 6.1.3. Right to rectification. The User has access to Personal Data that can be updated, corrected and supplemented by him at any time in accordance with Article 16 of the General Data Protection Regulations. The Messenger does not have access to the User's Personal Data and the User corrects the Personal Data on his own.
- 6.1.5. Right to object. The User has the right at any time to object to the processing of their Personal Data in accordance with Article 21 of the General Data Protection Regulations. As the Messenger does not process Personal Data, the User can delete his chat and all messages in it, including Personal Data and any other information.
- 6.2. The User's request must contain accurate information on the requirements it places on the Cryptico. If the request does not specify the exact requirements, the Cryptico has the right to refuse to fulfill the request.
- 6.3. The Cryptico must respond to the requestor and fulfill the conditions outlined in the request within 21 (twenty-one) business days from the date of receipt.
7. US JURISDICTION
- 7.2. The Cryptico does not support "Do Not Track" ("DNT"), according to the California Internet Security Act (CalOPPA). Do not track is a setting that you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked. You can enable or disable the Do Not Track feature by visiting your web browser's settings page.
- 7.3. Rights granted to US residents:
- 7.3.1. Right of access. Messenger does not process Personal Data because it is encrypted, ie the User may send a request and receive a response from the Messenger that his Personal Data is encrypted and not processed by the Messenger.
- 7.3.2. Right to erase. The User has the right to delete Personal Data about himself. Personal data in this case will be permanently deleted by deleting the User's chat and all messages in it.
- 7.3.3. Right to rectification. The User has access to Personal Data that can be updated, corrected and supplemented by him at any time. The Messenger does not have access to the User's Personal Data and the User corrects the Personal Data on his own.
- 7.3.5. Right to object. The User has the right at any time to object to the processing of their Personal Data. As the Messenger does not process Personal Data, the User can delete his chat and all messages in it, including Personal Data and any other information.
- 7.4. The User's request must contain accurate information on the requirements it places on the Cryptico. If the request does not specify the exact requirements, the Cryptico has the right to refuse to fulfill the request.
- 7.5. The Cryptico must respond to the requestor and fulfill the conditions outlined in the request within 21 (twenty-one) business days from the date of receipt.
8. JURISDICTION OF UKRAINE
- 8.2. Rights of the User in connection with the transfer and Personal Data processing:
- 8.2.1. know about the sources of collection, location of Personal Data, the purpose of their processing, and location;
- 8.2.2. receive information on the conditions for granting access to Personal Data, in particular, information on Third Parties to whom they are transferred;
- 8.2.3. receive, no later than thirty calendar days from the date of receipt of the request, except as provided by law, an answer as to whether the Personal Data is processed;
- 8.2.4. send a reasoned request to deny the processing of Personal Data;
- 8.2.5. send a reasoned request to change or delete Personal Data;
- 8.2.6. to protect Personal Data from unlawful processing and accidental loss, destruction, or damage due to intentional concealment, non-provision, or untimely provision, as well as to protect against the provision of information that is inaccurate or discredits the honor, dignity, and business reputation of the User;
- 8.2.7. apply to the court with complaints about the Personal Data processing;
- 8.2.8. use legal remedies in case of violation of the legislation on Personal Data protection;
- 8.2.9. make reservations regarding the restriction of the right to the processing of Personal Data;
- 8.2.10. withdraw Consent;
- 8.2.11. know the mechanism of automatic Personal Data processing;
- 8.2.12. to protect against an automated decision that has legal consequences for him.
- 8.3. The User's request must contain accurate information on the requirements it places on the Cryptico. If the request does not specify the exact requirements, the Cryptico has the right to refuse to fulfill the request.
- 8.4. The Cryptico must respond to the requestor and fulfill the conditions outlined in the request within 21 (twenty-one) business days from the date of receipt.
9. JURISDICTIONS OF OTHER COUNTRIES
- 9.1. Messenger makes every effort to legally provide the Services in accordance with international standards.
- 9.3. Unfortunately, we cannot specify the Personal Data processing laws of every jurisdiction in the world.
- 10.1. The Messenger notifies the User that his Personal Data is not used to provide the Services.
- 10.2. Harm to Cryptico. The User must not (or assist others to) access, use, modify, distribute, transfer, or exploit our Services in unauthorized manners, or in ways that harm Signal, our Services, or systems. For example, the User must not (a) gain or try to gain unauthorized access to our Services or systems; (b) disrupt the integrity or performance of our Services; (c) create accounts for our Services through unauthorized or automated means; (d) collect information about our users in any unauthorized manner; or (e) sell, rent, or charge for our Services.
- 10.3. The Cryptico is not responsible for:
- 10.3.2. for the accuracy of the information and Personal Data transferred to another User;
- 10.3.3. for the content of messages that Users exchange with each other;
- 10.3.4. for any insult that Users may inflict on each other during anonymous communication.
- 10.4. Messenger does not record audio and video, does not take screenshots, and does not view information, files, and Personal Data that Users provide to each other during anonymous communication.
- 10.5. Unfortunately, the transmission of information over the Internet cannot be completely secure. Although we make every effort to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the secure transfer of your Personal Data during anonymous communications. In this regard, you are solely responsible for possible failures in the transfer of your Personal Data, confidential information, and files to another User. Messenger takes the necessary technical and security measures to prevent unauthorized access to your Personal Data, confidential information, files, and images.
11. USER CONSENT
- 11.1. The User's consent to the terms of processing of Personal Data and the provision of the Services are considered the following actions of the User:
- 11.1.1. providing Consent in the form of a marker in the checkbox field;
- 11.1.2. registration on the Site.
- 11.2.1. processing of Personal Data by the Cryptico;
- 11.2.3. to transfer/familiarize with his Personal Data and confidential information by another User.
- 11.3. The Cryptico reserves the right to obtain the User's Consent through a pop-up form. The pop-up form may contain the Consent form in the flag submission.
- 12.2. The pages of the Site may contain electronic images known as Web-beacons (sometimes also called transparent gifs or pixel tags). Web-beacons are usually small images located on a web page or in emails that you view. The request that your internet-connected device makes to download such an image from a server/computer is recorded and it provides us with information such as the IP address, the time the image was viewed and the type of browser used for this is used.
- 12.3. When providing the Services, we may use the following types of Cookies:
- 12.3.1. Session Cookies, also known as transient Cookies, exist only in temporary memory while the User is on a Site page. Browsers usually remove the session Cookie after the User closes the browser window.
- 12.3.2. Persistent Cookies are deleted on a certain date or after a certain period. This means that information about the Cookie will be transmitted to the server every time the User visits the Site to which these Cookies belong.
- 12.3.3. Third-party Cookies are a type of files that appears when web pages contain content from external websites, such as links to other websites. For example, they may be used to track the history of User visits to other websites.
- 12.4. Cookies do not transmit viruses and/or malicious software to your computer, as the data in the Cookie does not change when moved and does not affect the operation of your computer in any way. Instead, they act more like logs (that is, they record User activity and remember state information) and are updated every time you visit the Site.
- 12.7. Some Cookies are necessary for the Site to function properly and some are not necessary, but they help us improve the Site. Please note that you automatically accept the necessary Cookies from our Site for its proper functioning when you visit it (unless you have disabled all Cookies in your browser settings).
13. ADULT POLICY
- 13.1. Cryptico Services are intended for Users who have reached the age of sixteen. The Messenger does not process the Personal Data of of such Users.
- 13.2. Cryptico has the right to delete the Personal Data of a User under the age of sixteen without warning and any consequences for the Messenger, as well as to terminate the provision of the Services to such a person.
- 13.3. If you have information about the use of the Services by such a person, please contact the Messenger support service by sending an email to: [email protected].